Saturday 12 December 2009

Stand up! Now, Sit, good lifetime dream.

Okay, so this week I'm taking a break from my usual "objective" blogs (where no opinion is shown at all) and talking specifically about something that has happened to me.

So for those who don't know me, I'm a huge fan of stand up, and comedy in general, so much in fact that I gave up learning to drive to visit the Edinburgh fringe festival.
This love of comedy caused me to become so obsessed that I started doing it myself. and on Saturday the 12th of December 2009. I had my first proper show.

Now the lead up to the show was something of a spectacle on my part, my mood would change from very nervous to highly excited in an instant, which lead costumers to believe I was riddle with drugs. (to explain that, I'll just say, my work is a bit lame in the fact I can ask for a day off and you can almost guarantee that they wont be able to do it, but the week after, NO PROBLEM. Therefore even though asking if I can get the day off I did not, meaning I had to be crazy in front of people.)
It did mean however that I got a whole lot of work done, because if I was hit by the nerves i needed something to pre-occupy my mind with, and if I was hit with the excitement I had more energy than a 6 year old boy who's been introduced to speed, so could do lots of things.
So it was a productive day.

So I guess before I go into it any more, I'll link the video, then I'll talk some more about it after you've watched it. Go Ahead, watch it, I'll see you in 6:44.

Go on!



Now first of all, thanks to my friend Megan for recording it and putting it on youtube.
But as you can see, for a first time I don't think it was too bad. after watching it over, and over, and over again, I feel like there is a lot of stuff I could have fixed up, and done a lot better, so that's the next job.

I think the real important thing is the fact that I didn't run off at any point, apart from when I'd finished of course, that'd been a bit weird else.
"Please leave the stage"
"No! I promised myself I'd never quit!"

and the fact that I got off stage, and instantly thought "Well I want to do that again!"

So I officially have a love for the art, and if anyone knows of any chances for me to do more, I'd be more than happy to hear them!

Joe Strange
I realise that this week's blog has been a bit... strange and lacking, but I'll be back to the normal format this Tuesday. ttfn

No comments: